Thursday, November 24, 2011

White, Navy and Silver...

     Hi there, hope you are having a marvelous week:) It's a bit chilly outside here...mind you it is about 10 degrees Celsius above our average for this time of year; so I guess a person shouldn't complain too much.

Anyways, I thought I would play along with a challenge over at The Paper Players; White, Silver, Night of Navy.


I started off by covering my cardstock in some tinfoil (which was nice as I got to use up some cardstock that I have tons of but never use; I think I used an orange color) and then I ran it through my Big Shot with an embossing folder from SU (that I just got). I used Stampin Up's "Snow Swirled" and "Sincere Salutations" stamp sets with Night of Navy ink (as well as 2 other shades of blue for some contrast). The cardstock is also from SU as well as the punch I used for the sentiment.

I just really tried to keep the design simple and not over complicated or cluttered.


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to see you soon,

Jessie


5 comments:

jaydee said...

Jessie, I love the tin foil background. What a fabulous idea for a Christmas card. It really works so well as a backdrop to your beautiful snowflakes. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! The embossed tinfoil background is so perfect! How clever! What a pretty card! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Tara Bilbao said...

I just love that embossed background - fantastic! Great job on the challenge. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Look at all of that shine in the embossed background! WOW!! Such a great idea to cover card stock in tin foil! Thanks ofr the inspiration. There are a few odd orange and purples in my stash that just got a "redemption" because of your tip. LOL!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Rita W said...

How clever to use tin foil! It is the perfect background for all those lovely blue snowflakes! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!