Monday, October 3, 2011

Suffer from Insanity???

Lol, I know that I definitely do some days. That's why I adore Chester Platypus by artist Sylvia Zet. I also felt like making a different from the ordinary shaped card so I made this one (I'm so tired I can't think of the name of it) and there is a tutorial for it over at Splitcoast Stampers.

The challenge this week over at Totally Stampalicious Monday is "Emboss It!" - either heat or dry embossed. I chose to dry emboss using an Embossing Folder and my Big Shot (well okay 2 embossing folders).




I had such a blast coloring Chester...I even decided to make my own background; he was looking really bare against a stark background. So I drew up the bushes and the grass line with a pencil and then went over it with my Copic Multi-Liner. Then I just layered it up and added my sentiments using pop-dots for a bit more dimension.

Copics:  BG10, BG72, BG75, BG78; YR31, YR23; T3, T5; O; Multi-Liner
Ink: Tuxedo Black- Tsukineko; The blue ink is from Tim Holtz line of Distress Inks 
(sorry I couldn't figure out the name - all my goodies are packed for the Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival...WOOT!)
Cardstock: Basic Gray-SU; off white- Bazzill and it has a bit of sparkle to it.
DSP:  Renaissance Faire Collection- Graphic 45
other: off white ribbon; tag (both unknown)


Thanks a bunch for stopping by ;)

Jessie

4 comments:

Virgo5 said...

Awesome Jessie, love the background you created!

Julie said...

This is quite a scene you've created with Dexter! Love the fun shape of the card and your awesome hand drawn scene! Great job on this week's challenge!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous scene you have created here with Chester...so sweet

Lori Turner said...

What a neat fold card!! I love Chester - he's cute!!!